Social Media Intern
Social Media Intern
Who we’re looking for:
A recent graduate with previous experience managing and creating content for a variety of social media platforms and audiences. The ideal candidate will have current knowledge of social media best practices, as well as a working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Assist in the production and management of organic social media content on social platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
- Consider new trends & channel opportunities for clients
- Proactively share trending social opportunities along with logistics to create content wins
- Set up, audit and optimize brand social pages within multiple platforms to increase brand visibility
- Manage multiple brand presences in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, posting on relevant blogs, video content and live streaming, and seeding content into social applications as needed
- Ensure engaging messaging and adherence to best practices for each platform with guidance of content calendars
- Keep up to date with best practices in content writing, social media and business/industry trends
- Understand the inbound marketing funnel and what roles social media and content play
- Previous organic social media internship and/or relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field (Preferred)
- Experience using social media platforms for both B2B and B2C, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Previous experience with social scheduling and reporting software is a plus (HubSpot, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.)
- Experience using Canva and other non-Adobe image manipulation tools for social graphics
- Experience creating video for social media (IGTV, YouTube, etc.)
- Experience writing copy for several social media clients (character counts, CTAs, etc.) with proven success
- Influencer marketing experience – researching influencers for strategic campaigns, developing content with influencers and reporting on performance
- Experience with Google analytics and how to track performance of content
- Creative thinker with the ability to work well and brainstorm new ideas autonomously as well as with a team
- Exceptional communication skills, both one-on-one and across all levels of management
Commensurate on experience.